Crash on Sunnydale
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Crash on Sunnydale

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

[9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]

AuteurMessage
Miss Kitty
+ Crash.O.S Ultimate +
+ Crash.O.S Ultimate +* * * * * * *
Miss Kitty

● Âge : 34
● Nombre de messages : 12153
● Date d'inscription : 01/02/2010

[9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] Empty
MessageSujet: [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]   [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] EmptyMar 29 Nov 2011 - 19:48

+ ISSUE 06 - ON YOUR OWN (Part. 1) +

[9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] Buffys29 [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] Buffys31

Spoiler:

Citation :
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SEASON 9 #6

Andrew Chambliss (W), Georges Jeanty (P/Variant cover), Dexter Vines (I), Michelle Madsen (C), and Phil Noto (Cover)
On sale Feb 8
FC, 40 pages
$2.99

The uptick in the zompire population has the SFPD on Buffy’s trail again—but this time, they need her assistance. However, Detective Dowling must settle for a little help from the bleached-blond vampire Spike, as Buffy has become distracted by a rather personal problem that will lead her to Robin Wood.

• New two-issue arc!
• Executive produced by Joss Whedon!
• New regular cover artist Phil Noto (Wolverine and Jubilee).

TRADUCTION SYNOPSIS :

La légère hausse dans la population zompire amène la SFPD aux trousses de Buffy à nouveau -mais cette fois, ils ont besoin de son assistance. Quoiqu'il en soit, le détective Dowling doit se contenter de l'aide du vampire blond platine Spike, étant donné que Buffy est distraite par un problème personnel qui l'amène à contacter Robin Wood.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://spuffy-and-cangel.forumactif.com/forum.htm
Miss Kitty
+ Crash.O.S Ultimate +
Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]   [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] EmptySam 28 Jan 2012 - 10:02

Une review SPOILER en avant-première de l'issue 06 :

Spoiler:
Miss Kitty
+ Crash.O.S Ultimate +
Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]   [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] EmptyMer 8 Fév 2012 - 15:04

Je tourne en rond en attendant de pouvoir charger l'issue, mais il y a pas mal de résumés, transcripts et images qui ont filtré, et je voulais juste poster ce dialogue final qui m'a juste carrément retournée alors que je n'ai même pas lu l'issue en entier encore. C'est... pffiou (ATTENTION GROS SPOILERS !) :

Spoiler:
Miss Kitty
+ Crash.O.S Ultimate +
Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]   [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] EmptySam 11 Fév 2012 - 23:40

J'ai écrit ma review pour un forum anglais, donc elle est en anglais, mais je pense la retaper en Français quand j'aurais le courage :

This issue is probably my favorite so far (season 8 included). I loved it.

First of all, I really have to talk about Jeanty's drawings : they are absolutely gorgeous. Emotions are captured so well, I'm really impressed. I liked his work so far in season 9, but in this issue, it was just perfect. Since we don't have anymore the actors for telling Buffy's story, the ability of transmit that kind of emotions is just crucial for our appreciation of the story, more notably in that kind of issue which are playing in a so strong emotional level. So, really, kudos to him for that.

Concerning the pregnancy, I'm really proud of Buffy, not only for the difficult decision she had to take, but also for the the way she reacted, tried to think about the situation and possibilities by talking about it, especially to Robin Wood. I think he answered to her questions when it comes to being a mom *and* a slayer, but it finally wasn't the real problem, and I love that they made it all about her own issues, as a person, and not as a Slayer. I think she would be a great mom (after all, like she said, she's not alone and she's been through a lot of things by the past, including taking care of her sister after the death of Joyce). She seemed so positive when she left Robin and if I hadn't been spoiled by going on Tumblr & forums (I REALLY have to stop to go after spoilers before having read the issue by myself, lol), I think I would never have expected the revelation of the end.

The last scene was so powerful and moving. I can't express how much I loved it. Buffy's train of thought wasn't surprising in a way, but I was so sad for her at that moment, because even if it's the best decision for her (she's not in a good place for that kind of responsability at this point of her life), it's never easy to take that kind of initiative. It will affect her in a way or another (*if* she really has an abortion -it's not a done deal yet, some circumstances external to her will could interfere...). I like that Joss decided to go in that kind of direction (even if I'm not sure that I forgive him for not letting her having sex without consequences -same remark for Dawn-, but like he said in his interview, I'll wait to have all the facts for judging on that specific situation). He didn't avoid the idea and wish of an abortion. Buffy was free to make her choice, *this* choice, and I really like that she did. But it breaks my heart to know that she has to go through something like that...

The Spuffy related stuff in this issue, and more particularly in that final scene, was just gold to me. That's exactly the kind of scenes which makes me love them even more (and believe me, that's a rough mission). That was so beautifully depicted (the atmosphere of the scene was unique), and there was so many emotions. I just wanted to hug both of them. In the middle of this difficult time of her life, he's by her side, and she would have trust him as much as she would have trust Dawn, Xander and Willow for being a part of her life and her baby's life, which is telling (besides your sister, your parents and your best friends, which people do you consider like your family ?). I've been really... hmm, okay, I don't know the word in English... striked ?... by the feeling of intimacy of the scene. There was something really special about it. That's a moment of truth between them. No sarcasm, no defense mechanism, no false pretenses. Just Buffy and Spike, in their fragilities (and for this aspect more specifically, I think they never have been close to anyone as much as they are close to each other, and in a way, it says a lot about their trust in each other and their emotional bond). That was really beautiful. I loved when she evoked that she was ready to ask him to run away with her, because she's not looking for hiding what she feels, in that moment, she just tells what she felt and what she feels, or what she hoped, even if it was utopian (and this moment contradicts Spike's idea that she wants to be with him when she needs dark ; he means a lot to her, but Spike's judgment when it comes to his relationship with Buffy is often blinded by his own fears and insecurities. I mean : "I've been over Buffy since the night we first brought down a house", LOL, almost cute. That's typical of the guy who's fooling himself for protecting his own heart, but I can't blame him for that). Spike's presence is really important to her, because I think he brings an emotional support completely different from what Dawn's presence or her best friends presence could have meant to her. Precisely because of her feelings for him, what it brings to her, and I'm not talking only about romance, even if it's a part of it, but more of the way they always trusted and understood each other. Because of their emotional bond, they can be sincere about their fragilities/fears. At this point, she's gonna need emotional support, and to her, it seems natural, because of what he means to her, Spike was the person.
Their tearing faces when she asked him to come with her really touched me.

On a different topic, on Tumblr, I loved the way temporarilyobsessive talked about the scene with Dawn, when Buffy tries to remember who was at the party, and speaks about Spike as a potential father, she puts it very well : http://temporarilyobsessive.tumblr.com/post/17304941401/okay-so-i-actually-love-this-line-because-its

Citation :
Okay, so I actually love this line because it’s silly and random but so indicative of Buffy’s mental state right now-

-Because she wants the father to be Spike. She’s inventing ways that it can be him, and she’s doing it under the guise of covering all her bases but it’s so blatantly obvious that she’s hoping desperately that the one she wants is the father of her kid (even if it’s impossible).

It was well observed. Even if I think she realized later that it probably wasn't a possibility, during a moment, it seemed to be her hope.

Spike's way of reacting when he learns Buffy is pregnant was really striking. So powerful. This issue gave us a lot of hints about him possibly being the father. It can be a way of fooling fans, but I'm really not convinced of that. Even more since I read the last Joss' interview about this issue...

I also loved the scene between Buffy and Dawn. I was so glad to see her confiding on her sister, and the moment she hugged her was adorable. I don't remember who made this remark, but I found it very true : Dawn is maybe avoiding to be a part of her sister's life when it comes to her Slayer role, but when it comes to Buffy's personal life, she's there for her.

Also liked the dynamic between Spike & Dowling. Their scenes are really great, and the moment of his arrival in his bug ship was so funny. Dowling's reaction was just priceless. Concerning their talk about Buffy, I'm not sure that I liked it... I didn't hate it, but they're pushing a little too much Spike about his feelings for Buffy (Koh, Dowling...). I would have prefer something more subtle and less explicative/obvious. I love Andrew Chambliss, but I agree with some critical who've been made about his weakness on this aspect of the writing. Sometimes, I think he's doing a great job. And sometimes, I'm more dubitative.
And Spike was apparently about to talk to Buffy about his feelings (that said, it happened a little bit too fast after his conversation with Dowling, I tend to think it's a misdirection...). Anyway, I agree that Spike doesn't want to hurt her and I guess he's still thinking that it would be an unrequited love (side note : that's how I understood Andrew Chambliss' comment in his interview), except that this theory doesn't work. But as long as Buffy & Spike can't talk about it, I guess the writers are gonna play with the unspoken words between them.

I haven't been fully convinced by the flash-backs of Nikki Wood, her watcher and her baby neither, even if there's really nice moments. But I feel like something's missing. That said, I loved the Buffy/Robin moments. It was nice to see him again and it was interesting to learn more about her mother and their past.

I can't wait for the next issue smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]   [9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1] Empty

[9.06] On Your Own [Part. 1]
Page 1 sur 1